We are progressively updating this website. Before contacting us, we recommend using the search function to check whether the information you need is available.
View this page in other languages
You can phone us between 8.00am and 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
- If you’re in Australia, phone 13 62 50.
- If you’re calling from overseas, phone +61 2 6216 3440.
- Call-back line – If we contact you by letter, email or phone, we may provide our call-back number and a PIN. Phone the number then, when prompted, enter the PIN we gave you. This will make sure you’re connected with the right customer service representative.
- Call-back number within Australia 1300 306 275
- Call-back number outside Australia +61 2 6216 3442.
- Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) – If you have difficulty speaking or understanding English, you can call TIS National on 13 14 50 between 8.00am and 6.00pm Monday to Friday. If you’re calling from overseas, phone +61 3 9268 8332. The service will then call us with an interpreter, so we can help with your query.
- National Relay Service (NRS) – If you find it hard hearing or speaking with people who use a phone, the NRS can help you. To register with the NRS, or for more information, visit the NRS website.
Questions we may ask you
To establish your identity, we will ask you questions based on your tax or superannuation information, including information from third parties and other government departments.
This may include details from ATO letters or notices that have been issued to you, details from a tax return, or other information that will help us verify your identity.
We may also ask you to confirm details of identity documents, such as your driver's licence, Medicare card or passport, and to consent to us checking those documents with the issuing authority.
Write to us
You can write to us at:
Australian Business Registry Services
Locked Bag 6000
ALBURY NSW 2640
How we protect your information
When speaking to you about your director ID or other business registry details, we must be certain of your identity.
To verify your identity, we will use information from Australian Taxation Office (ATO) records that the Registrar is authorised to access. We may also ask you for your Australian tax file number (TFN). You don’t have to give us this, but it will help us find your information faster.